• Battery-operated smoke detector with photoelectric scattered-light
In order to avoid false alarms, do not mount the smoke detector:
• In rooms in which strong water vapour, dust or smoke arise under nor-
• Automatic self-test of the smoke development
• Loud pulsing alarm sound approx. 85 dB(A)
The smoke detector generates a very loud and shrill sound which can
• Near ventilation shafts because the air stream may prevent the smoke
damage your hearing. Therefore stay at least 50 cm away from it during
• Near fluorescent and energy-saving lamps, because the starter switch
may trigger false alarms through the electrical fields arising when the
Carry out the function test once a month:
• Battery compartment check: If no bat-
lamp is switched on (minimum distance: 50 cm).
1. Press the test button for approx. 3-sec. If the signal sound is emitted,
tery is inserted in the smoke detector, it
• In rooms which are higher than 6 m.
the smoke detector operated correctly. If no signal sound is emitted,
• Directly in the roof apex. Observe a minimum distance of 30 cm to the
2. Carry out the function test again. If no signal sound is emitted again,
Device destruction through incorrect battery connection impossible
• In rooms with temperatures under +4 °C or above +40 °C.
the smoke detector is defective and has to be replaced with a new
• VdS approval: Certified and approved by the German "Verband der
Preferably install the smoke detectors before or in the bedrooms so that
the occupants are woken by the smoke alarm during the night.
Mount the smoke detector in the middle of the room under the ceiling
The smoke detector recognises fire early on due to the smoke
to achieve optimum detection characteristics. If this is not possible,
development. It operates on the scattered-light principle. Light
observe a minimum distance of 50 cm to the wall.
transmitters and receivers are positioned in the measuring chamber so
A smoke detector can monitor a room with a maximum of 60 m² area
that the emitted light signal of the transmitter cannot impact the receiver
and up to a maximum room height of 6 m.
(photo cell) directly. If smoke enters the smoke chamber, the light signal
Install the smoke detector in the kitchen as far away as possible from the
is scattered by the floating particles contained in the smoke. The
cooking zone in order to avoid false alarms through water vapour.
scattered light rays impact the photo cell where they are converted into
electrical signals which trigger the alarm. The function of the smoke
evaluation is checked constantly. Any faults are indicated by a fault
• Do not paint over the smoke detector.
• Smoke detectors only recognise the smoke of a fire, not the flame
• Smoke detectors do not extinguish a fire. In case of an alarm search
for the source of the fire and, if necessary call the fire brigade (also
In order to ensure the functional reliability of the smoke detector for a
refer to "Correct behaviour in case of fire").
longer period, you should carry out maintenance once a month (or when
• Do not use rechargeable batteries (accumulators) or power supply
units as the voltage supply source. They can cause malfunctions or a
1. Remove the smoke detector from the base (turn counter-clockwise)
• The smoke detector generates a very loud and shrill sound which can
damage your hearing. Therefore stay at least 50 cm away from it
2. Wipe the smoke detector with a moist cloth.
In buildings with several storeys mount at least one smoke detector in
3. Insert the smoke detector back into the base and turn it clockwise
• The smoke detector only monitors a defined area around the mounting
site. Install a sufficient number of detectors to cover the entire living
The smoke detector is supplied with voltage by a 9 V lithium battery. The
area and to provide optimal protection.
battery test automatically checks the supply voltage in regular intervals.
• Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs might not be woken
If the battery voltage drops below a defined point, the smoke detector
Use several interconnected smoke detectors in larger houses in order
signals for 30 days that the lithium battery has to be replaced. The smoke
The smoke detector cannot be latched into the base without an
detector is completely functional during this period.
Proceed as follows to replace the lithium battery:
1. Remove the smoke detector from the base (turn counter-clockwise).
4. Check whether the automatic self-test is carried out (smoke detector
2. Remove the old lithium battery from the compartment and discon-
nect the connec-tor from the lithium battery connection.
Notify the fire brigade immediately. Remain calm and answer the
3. Connect the new 9 V lithium battery to the battery connection and
insert the battery into the battery compartment.
Replacing the smoke detector
How many persons are injured? Who is calling?
4. Insert the smoke detector back into the base and latch it in by turning
Replace the smoke detector at the date specified on the device label.
Be ready to respond to any further questions of the fire brigade.
Rescue yourself and endangered persons from the danger area.
In case of strong smoke formation keep close to the floor and press a
The smoke detector cannot be latched into the base without a battery.
moist cloth against your mouth and nose.
Close the doors and windows of burning rooms in order to prevent the
We accept the guarantee in accordance with the corresponding legal
If it is not possible to flee out of the building, find a safe room, close the
Please return the unit postage paid to our central service department
door and draw attention to yourself at a window. Seal any gaps at the
giving a brief description of the fault.
door with wet sheets or towels in order to prevent the smoke from
Try to extinguish an emerging fire with an available extinguisher. Small
fires can often be suffocated with a blanket. Never extinguish a fat fryer
with water. Cover the fire with a lid.
If your attempts at extinguishing are not immediately successful,
Life Insurance Corporation of India intends to hire premises which are ready to occupy condition from Individuals / Firms only under Two Bid system as per details given below Railway Station / Bus Stops etc. The premises offered should be in ready to occupation condition and suitable for use as office premises. Free Hold / Lease Hold with clear marketable Title. Commercial or Commercial cum R
Description Product # Used in Research Packaging Product is packed in 12.5 kg box. Each box is identified with the Ingredient Lead Time Gamma-Irradiation Shelf Life Control Diets Used as a control diet for D12451and D12492Formulated by E. A. Ulman, Ph.D., Research Diets, Inc., 8/26/98and 3/11/99. *Typical analysis of cholesterol in lard = 0.95 mg/gram. Cholesterol (mg