Surgical Post Operative Instructions DRIVING ANY MOTORIZED VEHICLE OR OPERATING ANY MACHINERY IS PROHIBITED UNTIL THE NEXT DAY. IN AN EMERGENCY: To contact either doctor in an emergency call (847) 723-2000. Follow the voice prompt to have your doctor paged: (1) State your Dr’s full name (either Dr. Alan Rosenfeld or Dr. George Mandelaris), and (2) State your name and call back number. The doctor will return your page as soon as possible. The post-operative instructions listed below should be followed accurately in order to speed your recovery. 1. SWELLING – The first 24 hours is the most critical phase for swelling control. Most swelling
does not visibly appear until 24-48 hours after surgery. It is therefore important to apply ice (on and off) at 20 minutes intervals. Ice application after 48 hours slows healing and prevents swelling reduction.
2. EATING – The rule of thumb is “C.S.S.” (cooler, softer, smaller). Avoid spicy or hot foods,
nuts, seeds, chips, pretzels, etc. Any food that is cool, easy to chew, and soft is O.K. to eat (ie. Jello, yogurt, sliced soft fruit, cereal, potato, fish, eggs, applesauce, cottage cheese, pasta, pudding, ice cream, etc.). DO NOT eat or drink anything hot during the first 24 hours.
3. EXERCISING – Aerobic activities and heavy lifting should be avoided for the first 72 hours. 4. SMOKING – The less you smoke, the faster things heal and fewer complications arise. 5. PAIN CONTROL – Pain management begins immediately after surgery. The medication
MUST be taken whether you experience pain or not. Proper blood levels are necessary in order to reduce pain and swelling.
6. ORAL HYGIENE INSTRUCTIONS – Do not brush or floss the surgical area until after the first
post-operative appointment. Begin a warm salt water rinse tomorrow to keep the area clean after each meal. You may brush the remaining areas of your mouth as well as your tongue to maintain fresh breath. 7. MEDICATIONS Use only the medications below that your doctor has checked.
(Antibiotic) taken times per day until complete.
Decadron 1.5mg: one capsule taken after 6:00 P.M. the day of surgery. Then one capsule 2
Apply Peridex topically to the teeth in the surgical area with a Q-tip, beginning after the first
Rinse mouth with warm salt water starting on the 2nd day after surgery, after each meal.
Motrin 600mg and 1000mg Extra-Strength Tylenol. Alternate between these medications
every 2 hours for remainder of the surgical day. Then take as needed every 4-6 hours for discomfort. Do Not exceed 3000mg of Tylenol or 3200mg of Motrin in a 24 hr period.
8. BLEEDING – Normally there will be some bleeding following surgery. The application of
pressure from a damp, cool cloth or ice in these areas will usually hasten clotting. Continued bleeding can be controlled by firm pressure on a dampened tea bag placed directly on the area. However, should you become concerned about excess bleeding, please call the office for further instructions.
9. DO NOT WEAR YOUR REMOVABLE BRIDGE OR DENTURE for . Before wearing
your prosthesis, it must be modified and a medicated soft liner applied. This soft liner must be replaced every 4-6 weeks. Failure to do so could jeopardize healing.
10. PERIODONTAL SURGERY ONLY – PERIODONAL DRESSING The pinkish casts, when
applied to the surgical area, should remain until your next appointment. These were applied to provide greater comfort. Should they loosen, do not force them back to place. Call your doctor.
When NO PERIODONTAL DRESSING is used, the following precautions should be observed:
(1) No vigorous rinsing or spitting for the first 24 hours. This tends to promote bleeding (2) Floss may be gently used to remove food should it collect (3) Avoid cold & hot beverages since the teeth may be sensitive to thermal stimuli. (4) If sutures become loose or stringy, do not pull on them.
If you are uncertain as to what to do, please do not hesitate to call our office. Oakbrook Terrace (630) 627-3930, Park Ridge (847) 698-1180.
Holzschutzlasur w ä s s r i g Produktbeschreibung: Transparent pigmentiertes, nicht Schicht bildendes Lagerfähigkeit: Mindestens 2 Jahre, original verschlossen. Gebindeaufdruck (diffusionsoffenes) Holzbeschichtungsmittel (Dünnschichtlasur) auf Basisbeachten. Angebrauchte Gebinde wieder dicht verschließen und ehebaldigsteiner wasserverdünnbaren Alkyd/Acrylatharz-Bindemittelko