· When you are learning to sing, you are doing it to find out what your
· Being hoarse in the morning does not mean you wil be hoarse in the
voice is capable of, not someone else's. Be happy with what you have.
· Being hoarse doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't sing.
· Try to stop smoking. Smoke sticks to your vocal cords and burns
· Don't take Antihistamines against Al ergies.
· Try not to drink alcohol before and after singing. Alcohol dries out the
· When being hoarse gargle with warm water containing 1/2 tsp each of
· Try not to do drugs before singing. Drink more water.
· Learning how to sing wel takes time. There are no shortcuts. Be
· Be aware of your registers (Chest, Head, Falsetto).
· Forget ice-cold drinks unless you have some sort of trauma to the
throat area, i.e. tonsils removed, that sort of thing. This tightens up
· Watch your register breaks. Smoothen them out. Bring your registers
your vocal cords. They must be warm and loose in order for you to
· If you have a headache and you need a painkil er take Tylenol (Not
· Don't talk too much. It wears down your vocal cords.
· Know about your diaphragm. That's your support.
· Coffee dries your vocal cords out. Drink more water.
· Don't lift your shoulders when you breath in.
· A singer should never get thirsty. Drink water before you get thirsty.
· Your tummy goes out when you breath in.
Thirst is a sign that you're dehydrated.
· For healthy singing try to make as little air as possible come out of
· Unless it's cal ed for, always stand with good posture (this does not
· Don't lift your head when you reach for a high note.
· Don't eat before you go to bed. Don't eat for 3 hours before you
· Keep the tip of you tongue below your teeth.
· Don't sing any song out of your range.
· You're born with a range. You can not change it.
· Don't sing your loudest for extended periods of time. Loud singing is the · Use al your range.
fastest kil er for your voice. Remember you have a mic. Turn the PA up.
· You're not born with a vocal sound. You choose your sound. Use your
· Try to sing softer without loosing the intensity and feeling in your
· Think about your resonance rooms (Chest, Mouth, Nose, Head) and
· Raspy, throaty and breathy singing are legitimate tools to make your
singing more interesting. (A lot of conservative teachers disagree with · Smiling while singing often gives you a better, modern sound than a l
me on this.) Bear in mind singing styles like these are al unhealthy
even if they're sometimes necessary and very effective. Don't overdo
it. Experiment. There are ways to use those techniques in a less
· Don't exhaust yourself the day before a performance.
damaging way. And don't try do get more intense with volume!
· Pineapple juice can help when your voice is tired.
· When playing with your band make sure you hear yourself wel . The
· Choose your personal mic that fits to your voice. Try a bunch.
· Get to know and understand the organs involved in singing.
· Know the basic concepts of compression, EQ, Deessing, Reverb and
· Start your Warm up before singing as softly as possible.
· Imitating other singers can be good and bad. You want to be unique
· Warm down after singing as softly as you can.
but everybody has their influences. Copy them and find your own.
· Know what a scale is. Learn major, minor etc. Know what straight and · Record yourself as much as you can. Try different sounds and
shuffle/swing means. Know basic time signatures.
· Good Pitch and good Time makes a singer good. Those are the two
most obvious things you have to master.
· Dairy products cause phlegm. Drink more water.
Mobile Printer Fast, lightweight and reliable mobile printer with optional Bluetooth1 and Wi-Fi wireless connectivity2. Product pointers • Print on the go with a lightweight mobile printer, using optional wireless Wi-Fi2 and optional Bluetooth dongles1. Plus, the included In the box long-lasting lithium battery provides up to 480 prints per charge. • Get fastest-in-class3 print
Canandaigua Medical Group Are These Symptoms Serious? Common Foot Problems Minor troubling foot problems are common complaints seen in our office. There are a variety of over the counter treatment agents for some of the common foot problems such as athlete’s foot, onychomycosis (toe nail fungus), foot pain, corns, warts and bunions. Several of these products are cost effective al